Saturday, April 19, 2008

"The Best Science Fiction Comics And Graphic Novels"

I'm still strangely fascinated by the idea of doing Amazon lists, and then try to get as many viewers as possible. Here's my latest attempt at making list that's a 'hit'. Please visit it HERE.
It's not all a 'popularity game' thing, though. I'm trying to make lists that are genuinly useful. Too few other people seem to be doing that.

I'm not sure exactly how you make these lists become a hit... I guess the trick is to somehow get people to link to the list in their blogs. If you do that it'll get moved towards the top i Google.

The first ten titles on the list look like this, but you gotta click on the link above to see the full list.

1. Watchmen by Alan Moore
$13.59 Used & New from: $9.20
Average Customer Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars 420 (420)

2. Akira, Vol. 1 by Katsuhiro Otomo
Used & New from: $10.22
Average Customer Rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars 55 (55)

See buying options
3. V for Vendetta by Alan Moore
Click for more info
Average Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars 206 (206)


4. The EC Archives: Weird Science Volume 1 (The Ec Archives) by Al Feldstein
$49.95 Used & New from: $30.18
Average Customer Rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars 12 (12)

5. Planetes, Book 1 by Makoto Yukimura
$9.99 Used & New from: $1.28
Average Customer Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars 9 (9)

6. The Ballad of Halo Jones by Alan Moore
Used & New from: $9.59
Average Customer Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars 9 (9)

See buying options
7. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 1 by Hayao Miyazaki
$9.95 Used & New from: $5.95
Average Customer Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars 18 (18)

8. Alex Raymond's Flash Gordon, Vol. 1 (Alex Raymond's Flash Gordon) (Alex Raymond's Flash Gordon) by Alex Raymond
$13.57 Used & New from: $10.99
Average Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars 11 (11)

9. Incal, The: The Epic Conspiracy - Volume 1 by Alejandro Jodorowsky
Used & New from: $11.37
Average Customer Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars 1 (1)

See buying options
10. Metabarons, The: Othon & Honorata - Volume 1 by Alexandro Jodorowsky
Used & New from: $24.00
Average Customer Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars 1 (1)

See buying options

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Another great list. I'm wondering: how do you get the code to paste the list into your blog so it appears this way?

I'm listening to your version of "World Gone Wrong" as I type, and liking it.

My Messy Blog said...

No code involved. I just mark the bit I want to copy, in one big chunk, and then chose "copy".... and then I paste it into the text edit area in the blogger window. it all takes 5 seconds or so. Have you tried doing it? I admit I was quite surprised myself that it was so easy.

My Messy Blog said...

and thanks :) I'm must sound like such a faker to someone who is actually american. Oh well, I enjoy pretending to be a bluesman.